Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Week 3

Ok, I still haven't scanned my stuff, but I will!

This week we looked at script breakdowns and storyboarding. I found it a bit annoying really to apply the different colours to the script, but I guess it DOES help in the long run. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I was doing it, I dunno. I like reading screenplays though, and trying to visualise all the possibilities of how things can be done. I especially like reading screenplays of movies I've seen and really liked, particularly when the directer isn't the writer, and just seeing the director has made crazy interpretations or added really cool elements.

I like storyboarding as well. I've done a fair bit of storyboarding in another course, but it was more focusing on how to storyboard rather than what shots work and what shots dont. So I love inventing shots for screenplays, I just enjoy messing around with all the different angles and compositions that can be applied until one jumps out. Then I like going through the storyboard and like "playing" the movie in my head - imagination rocks!.....................

But anyway yeah, I did some storyboarding for a screenplay we got in class, and I'll post them as soon as I can! Promise!

Bye!

No comments: